Website American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is seeking a Manager, Clean Air to work remotely in North Dakota.
The Manager accomplishes Clean Air Program objectives by supporting and managing the activities of the North Dakota Clean Cities coalition and other projects. This work includes implementing events and activities; supporting partners; engaging the public, vehicle fleet operators and key decision makers; developing innovative and compelling programs; and meeting and evaluating grant deliverables. The work is primarily focused in North Dakota, with some activities in the surrounding region.
North Dakota Clean Cities is a designated coalition in the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program and hosted by American Lung Association. Clean Cities coalitions build local partnerships to advance affordable, efficient, and clean transportation fuels and technologies. This position is home-based, ND.
- Work as a central part of the Clean Air team assisting to develop, implement, and evaluate programs focused on reducing air pollution through activities that increase the use of electric, biofuel, and other alternative fuel vehicles.
- Ensure all deliverables for the North Dakota Clean Cities annual agreement are met on time and with high-quality outcomes.
- Coordinate aspects of grant project activities, including implementing events, developing educational and marketing materials, and supporting social media efforts.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships in related industry, nonprofit, governmental, and community organizations to support program delivery, sustainability, and growth.
- Collaborate with the Clean Air team in seeking opportunities to expand on existing programs and develop new projects to reduce air emissions and exposure to pollutants.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders and community partners working to expand the use of cleaner fuels and vehicle technologies.
- Create content for fact sheets, reports, webpages, social media, and other channels.
- Effectively utilize timelines and work plans to prioritize and complete grant deliverables.
- Actively participate in coalitions identified in the grant projects.
- Contribute to quarterly progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities.
- Maintain open, routine, and effective dialogue with coworkers and project partners.
- Participate in and support community related programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental studies, science, public health, communications, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 3 year of experience implementing community awareness, education, and other programs related to areas of transportation, environmental protection, sustainability, or similar fields.
- Prior experience in outreach, community relations, and/or issue advocacy desired.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated success in planning, hosting, and managing events.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Ability to develop/maintain relationships with professionals (fleet, fuel, agency, environmental) and members of the public.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative, while maintaining a commitment to teamwork and cooperation.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and your own reliable transportation with the ability to travel within assigned area 20% of the time for meetings and conferences, as well as the flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required.
- Ability to lift/move approximately 25 lbs. when assisting with local events.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from commercial tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply for this job please visit lung.org.