Website Generac Power Systems
Location: Waukesha CORP
While Generac is always evolving, our commitment to local and distant communities remains steadfast. Throughout the company’s history, we’ve been dedicated to helping those in need, both in our day-to-day roles and in our efforts to give back. This commitment is our responsibility, pride, and passion. We create products that support people and that philosophy flows into all we do. A career at Generac means contributing your time and skills to create something that has a bigger impact and the potential to change the industry.
Job Summary: The Technical Service Representative I is responsible for providing technical assistance and authorizing warranty repairs to our authorized dealer network under general supervision with some guidance from leadership and higher level TSRs.
Shift: 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm (Remote opportunities following training)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Answer inbound calls and respond to emails from Dealer —- Technicians and answers standard questions over the phone
– Provide accurate, timely, and descriptive notes during calls
– Uses existing procedures to solve problems
– Instruct new dealer technicians how to navigate Generac’s warranty systems and submit claims electronically
– Troubleshoot with the dealer technician to resolve basic issues with the product in the field
– Gather and prepare documentation regarding product failure
– Other duties as assigned
– Associates Degree or equivalent experience in relevant technical field
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Bilingual Spanish
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Basic understanding of basic mechanical and electrical (AC/DC) fundamental theory
– Excellent Customer Service skills
– Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional manner
– Knowledge of engine maintenance and troubleshooting of gensets
– Ability to remain calm in high-stress situations
– Working knowledge of Microsoft office suit
– Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, while taking into consideration the varying degrees of customers’ technical experience
– Basic Problem-solving skills
Level of Independence: This position acts under the direction of the Supervisor Technical Service. Work assignments are routine.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel. Some travel in learning capacity to include storm response (volunteer).
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
To apply for this job please visit generacta.avature.net.