Website Global HR Business Solutions
Global HR Business Solutions is seeking a Craft Instructor – Solar to work in Boston, MA.
The Craft Instructor will work to support the technical and educational instruction associated with trainees entering the renewable energy career field, specifically photovoltaic systems, and solar energy applications. The Instructor will lead training sessions for adult trainees for approximately 13 weeks. The primary main responsibility will be adapting and facilitating Clean Energy Access Institute accredited curriculum supported by The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). The instructor will also support the trainee’s academic development and career goals to acquire the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Associate Credentials; this certification recognizes individuals in the solar industry who have demonstrated knowledge of the fundamental principles of the application, design, installation, and operation of Photovoltaic, Solar Heating or Small Wind energy systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist members and provide instruction and activities in the areas of photovoltaic systems, design, operations, construction, safety, and best practices.
- Designs and implements hands-on, lab-oriented solar technology, engineering, and construction-related activities.
- Provides structured, project-based lessons on industry standards and learning that interconnects career development and integral subject knowledge.
- Creates and maintains an effective environment for learning.
- Maintains meaningful positive rapport with trainees, staff, program partners, and stakeholders of Clean Energy Access, organizational affiliates, and industry partners
- Encourages behavior that promotes character development and professional development.
- Implements rigorous lesson plans that are driven by technical and performance assessment.
- Ensures that trainees display knowledge of content standards.
- Uses CEA’s proprietary LMS and other technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration
- Implements and analyzes computer-based tutorial lessons on the web or digital learning platforms associated with the industry standards and curriculum.
- Develops activities that align with standards in the area of focus.
- Exposes members to a wide variety of skills and knowledge in topics ranging from initial exposure to a deeper understanding. To include lab work and “hands-on training” outside of the classroom, and any practice of learning associated with providing technical capacity for a career in renewable energy.
- Implements hands-on solar labs for both onsite and remote training.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- 3 years of experience as a certified teacher in a vocational/technical construction or maintenance-related training program (preferred)
- 1 year of experience at a Journey or Technician level in the solar industry (Minimum)
- OSHA Certified Trainer (Preferred)
- NABCEP Certification (Preferred)
- NCCER Certification (Preferred)
- “PV Installation Professional” Certified (Preferred)
- Comfort with different education techniques and openness to new developments in the field.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and to address the varying needs of members in our program from diverse backgrounds
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the employer reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign a task for the team member to perform as the employer deems appropriate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, special disability, or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. Returning Citizens are encouraged to apply. In addition, the employer complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which its employees reside.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.