Website RENEW Wisconsin
RENEW Wisconsin is seeking a Development Director to work in Madison, WI.
RENEW seeks a passionate and motivated individual to join our talented team of energy professionals. As Development Director, you will play a crucial role in RENEW’s mission by leading our fundraising efforts. You will be responsible for creating and implementing strategic fundraising plans, cultivating relationships with major donors, and driving growth to support our programs and initiatives. Your focus will be on securing financial support to advance our mission.
- Design and implement a fundraising campaign, with a goal of $500,000 in the first year. Long term goals include growing and nurturing a network of key donors, sustaining approximately $500,000 or more in annual donations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors, philanthropic foundations and prospective contributors.
- Build and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations with the capacity to make significant financial contributions.
- Prospect and cultivate relationships with donors and members through personalized engagement strategies.
- Develop compelling and persuasive proposals and solicitation materials to effectively communicate the impact of RENEW’s work and secure new members and donors.
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and other stakeholders to leverage their networks and engage them in fundraising efforts.
- Utilize donor management software and systems to track interactions, manage donor relationships, and ensure accurate reporting.
- Stay informed about the current renewable energy landscape, industry trends, and policy changes to effectively articulate RENEW’s impact to potential donors.
- Attend fundraising events, conferences, and industry gatherings to network, represent the organization, and identify donor prospects.
- Proven experience in nonprofit fundraising with a track record of securing major gifts, grants, and corporate sponsorships.
- Strong understanding of the energy industry or the nonprofit sector, including knowledge of current trends, policies, and industry players.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, with the ability to engage and inspire donors and prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful fundraising strategies including prospect research, donor cultivation, and solicitation.
- Experience utilizing CRM systems, donor management software, and other fundraising tools to manage donor relationships and track fundraising activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse membership, stakeholders, board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Passion for renewable energy and a deep commitment to philanthropy and social impact.
This role will report to the Deputy Director but will collaborate closely with the Executive Director.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Compensation is $85,000 – $95,000. Additional benefits include health insurance, Simple IRA retirement plan, and paid time off.
SCHEDULE AND WORK LOCATION:
RENEW Wisconsin is a 501c3 organization located in downtown Madison. This will be a full-time (40 hours per week) position. Office hours are typically 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours required to support events. Our organization is flexible with a hybrid in-office/work-from-home environment and promotes work-life balance.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved results. RENEW is an equal opportunity employer and our staff is inclusive and welcoming of colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and a resume via email to the Hiring Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Development Director” as the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com