Website State of Illinois - Illinois Power Agency
Planning and Procurement Analyst
The Illinois Power Agency (IPA) is an independent state agency responsible for the administration of procurements and programs to support the state’s Renewable Portfolio Standard, which includes utility-scale wind and solar procurements as well as the procurement of electric power supply for utility customers who have not selected an alternative supplier. The IPA is responsible for tracking progress on the Renewable Portfolio Standard targets and tracking the budget to achieve those goals.
The Agency is seeking an experienced Planning and Procurement Analyst to support the Agency in the following areas:
- Management of the renewable energy credits portfolio.
- Management of program budgets and costs.
- Development and implementation of electric power hedging strategies.
- Management of the electric power supply portfolio.
- Determination of procurement targets.
- Modeling energy prices and benchmarks.
As a member of the IPA team, the Planning and Procurement Analyst will focus on conducting analysis of data involving energy prices, capacity prices, renewable energy credit prices, and utility collections to:
- Assess the quality of data and information used for procurement planning and renewable energy program implementation.
- Simulate and model budgets and costs.
- Prepare various reports and notices.
- Support the development of procurement plans.
- Assess the outcomes of the various procurement events.
- Assess the ongoing performance of the programs managed by the IPA.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of the Agency’s processes and objectives. The candidate will be an active member of a dynamic and highly talented team that is focused on making a significant impact on the effectiveness of the IPA’s operations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Analytical skills with experience collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating information with accuracy
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher-level degree in mathematics, engineering, business management, accounting, finance, or economics
- Experience managing projects and/or program budgets
- Experience in the electric power supply sector
- Experience in the renewable energy sector
- Ability to clearly present information
- Proficiency with statistics and dataset analytics (querying databases, and using Excel)
- Submit a letter of interest and a resume or C.V.
- Please include three professional references as part of your application.
- To apply, please upload/submit all items mentioned above with your online application to: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/14399/
About the IPA
The IPA is an independent state agency established under Illinois law in 2007. It is charged with preparing annual electricity procurement plans and managing power purchases for residential and small commercial customers of Illinois electric utilities.
The IPA is also responsible for the implementation of the Illinois Renewable Portfolio Standard (“RPS”), a state policy designed to increase the development of renewables in Illinois. Additionally, the IPA is also responsible for the development and implementation of a Carbon Mitigation Credit Procurement Plan and Zero Emission Standard Procurement Plan used to support at-risk nuclear plants.
For more information on the Illinois Power Agency, please see: www.illinois.gov/ipa
The Agency currently operates in a remote business environment due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
The Illinois Power Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit illinois.jobs2web.com.