Website Midwest Renewable Energy Association
Position: Engagement Team Assistant
Position Classification: Part time, Non-Exempt (Hourly)
150 hours total
Based: Hybrid – Custer, WI
Must be available to work June 22-24, 2023 in Custer, WI
Work Sunday, June 25 preferable but not required
Deadline to Apply: May 31, 2023
Start Date: June 05, 2023
End Date: August 2023 (flexible)
To apply, please send by May 31, 2023:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications (PDF)
- Resume including education and experience (PDF)
- Contact information for at least two references
All correspondence must be electronic and sent to Brittany Waite at email@example.com.
The Engagement Team Assistant will work with the Engagement Director and Energy Fair team on tasks related to organization and implementation of The 32nd Annual Energy Fair.
Individuals performing this position will gain experience in working in teams, event planning and coordination, event marketing, and working with volunteers. This individual may be able to take on an additional organization/management of portion(s) of The Energy Fair depending on time, interest, and skillset.
Training will be provided for the following responsibilities for this position which include but are not limited to:
- Community event research and promotion
- Exhibitor/Renewable Energy Industry Research
- Database entry and management
- Updating, auditing, and editing The Energy Fair website.
- Reviewing and preparing Energy Fair materials:
- Proofreading, printing, cutting, labeling
- Distribution of promotional materials (reimbursement provided)
- Organizing, cleaning, and counting inventory.
Interns must meet eligibility requirements for the Pointers Connect Internship (PCI) program to be hired and receive pay. Students must meet all the following requirements to participate:
- Are currently enrolled at UWSP.
- Have junior or senior status (60+ credits earned)
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Are either a 1st generation college student, Pell eligible student, or non-traditional student.
A successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about MREA’s mission
- Results oriented and self-directed.
- A professional and respectful communicator.
- Organized and focused with proven ability to prioritize and complete activities.
- Willing to learn how to operate our organizational database.
- Flexible scheduling
- Remote work available
- Free access to all MREA courses during duration of internship including the core courses required to earn a NABCEP PV Associate (est. value of $875 to $1,020)
- Casual dress code
- Complimentary 32nd Energy Fair merchandise
About The Energy Fair
The Energy Fair: Since 1990 the Fair has brought thousands upon thousands of attendees together to learn about clean energy, connect with others, and take action toward a just energy transition. It is a place to celebrate and explore renewable energy and sustainable living through workshops, exhibitors, keynote speakers, and live demonstrations. The Fair also features volunteer opportunities, live music, kids’ activities, local food & beverages, and camping!
To apply for this job please visit www.midwestrenew.org.