Website Eagle Point Solar, LLC
Field Engineering Specialist
Eagle Point Solar is currently looking for a full time Field Engineering Specialist who will report to the Design and Engineering Manager in Dubuque, IA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform onsite Solar Site Assessments for potential clients to determine buildability. Process will include:
- Gather irradiation data using provided tools.
- Gather site dimensions, electrical service data, site pictures and internet accessibility.
- Understanding of local utility and AHJ policies
- Communicating expectations with potential clients and EPS sales
- Research and analyze utility bill information including rate code, demand and TOU.
- Calculate impact of Solar PV system under varying scenarios.
- Develop client reports presented by the sales team
- Collaborate with construction crews prior to, and during construction.
- Position requires field construction work as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate Solar PV build to Eagle Point Solar design and construction.
- Prior experience in home building or HVAC
- Prior experience in electrical
- PV NABCEP Associate
- College degree in engineering, energy, sustainability, or equivalent.
- Microsoft Office Suite: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work on structural roofs of all types
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be Team Oriented
- Valid Iowa driver’s license
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Work Hours and Location
- This position is a full time 40 hours a week position located in the office at Eagle Point Solar in Dubuque, IA. Work hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Travel: 50% daily travel
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Company Match
- Paid time off
Eagle Point Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit eaglepointsolar.com.