Website Ideal Energy, LLC
Ideal Energy, LLC is seeking Experienced Solar Installers to work in Iowa and Illinois.
Ideal Energy is a renewable energy firm based in Southeast Iowa. For the past thirteen years, we’ve been at the forefront of some of America’s most technologically advanced, award-winning energy projects. We develop solar, energy storage, and renewable H2 projects on all scales from residential to large scale industrial and utility power plants. At Ideal Energy, we combine our passions for sustainability to develop and scale revolutionary renewable energy systems. We value creativity, clear communication, kindness, collaboration, customer focus and a drive for results.
In this position, the PV Installer will coordinate with Project Managers and Team Leads while working side-by-side with other crew members to review project plans and install all photovoltaic system components. The overall goal of the installer is to achieve completion of the project with the highest level of safety, quality, efficiency and conformance to plans and specifications.
What You’ll Do:
● Arrive at the shop early in the morning, ready to work. Weather permitting, some work days are 10-12 hours.
● Coordinate with the project manager, warehouse manager and team leads to ensure that all parts, pieces, and tools required for the day are adequately supplied in trucks.
● Assemble solar array racking, mounting hardware, properly seal all roof penetrations, and installs all relative equipment
● Work with crew members to install arrays within established timelines throughout the Midwest service territory
● Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis in safety
● Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues
● Communicate with customers in a professional manner, answering all questions and concerns to the best of your ability
● Additional duties required as needed
● Experience in construction or installing photovoltaic systems required
● You arrive at shop early morning, ready to work
● You must be able to lift 50lbs
● Ability to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and crawl spaces, and able to work on your feet for long periods of time
● Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to: stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time
● Ability to work in extreme environments (example: heat, snow, rain, wind, etc.)
● You have excellent communication skills and maintain calm and clear communication with both employees and customers, in-person, on the telephone, email, and text
● You thrive in a team environment and can effectively and respectfully accomplish overall goals
● Must have a valid state driver’s license
● You have a clean driving record with no DUI in the past 5 years and are able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
● Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance required
How we support you:
● Place a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
● Bringing you up to speed in the domain of renewable energy
● Provide a low-stress work environment
● Making ourselves available for training and collaboration
● Care about you as a whole person
Location & Schedule
● This position is 100% traveling, based on the location of projects within the region. Ideal Energy will provide accommodations for travel home as project schedules allow, usually in some variation of every other weekend home.
Ideal Energy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes diversity and inclusion which ultimately helps to expand the representation of our industry. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in renewables to apply.
To apply for this job please visit idealenergyllc.bamboohr.com.