Website State of Illinois - Illinois Power Agency
Illinois Power Agency Communications Associate
The Illinois Power Agency is seeking a creative and a dynamic communicator to join the Agency.
The enactment of Public Act 102-0662 (also known as the “Climate and Equitable Jobs Act” or “CEJA”) presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated communications professional to join the IPA team and play a pivotal role in putting Illinois at the forefront of a clean energy future.
The IPA Communications Associate will work under the direction of the Communications Manager to develop proactive and strategic content for the IPA’s audiences and stakeholders that align with the IPA’s vision and mission.
The IPA Communications Associate must be a creative storyteller that thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to easily balance multiple projects at a time while meeting tight deadlines and staying focused. The right candidate is an independent thinker and a self-starter with strong oral and written communications skills, with an ability to develop proactive and compelling communications to engage stakeholders and interested parties in ways that prioritizes IPA’s message and strategic priorities.
- Create content that maintains the IPA’s brand identity and consistency of messaging across all forms of Agency communications
- Produce compelling content (both print and multimedia) to broaden stakeholders’ understanding of the Agency, its electricity procurement activities, and its work supporting the development of new renewable energy generation under the State’s Renewable Portfolio Standard
- Develop content for the IPA’s social media channels daily to keep stakeholders apprised of Agency news and announcements
- Develop social media campaigns in ways that positions the IPA as a thought leader in the clean energy sector in the region
- Draft clear and concise email announcements for IPA stakeholders in a timely manner
- Collaborate with other members of the communications team to produce the IPA’s annual report, factsheets, flyers, and quarterly newsletters
- Work with an assigned IPA graphic designer to produce innovative visual content that meets the IPA’s brand standards
- Serve as a lead for day-to-day website management and create content to make sure the IPA website is kept up to date while meeting web standards
- Assist in creation and production of video-based content
- Review and ensure quality of the IPA distribution lists, and create new lists as needed
- Track and report email analytics and metrics
- Monitor and report regularly on website analytics and take corrective action when needed
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or journalism preferred
- At least two to three years’ experience in marketing or communications
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite required
- Highly driven and results-oriented
- Exceptional writing skills with an emphasis on writing for the web and social media
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines and strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep up with current trends in technology, video, and communication
- Must have working knowledge of Cambria, professional video camera products and associated equipment, Audio/Video production equipment, lighting, Adobe video editing products, WordPress
- Must have working knowledge of AP Stylebook
- Demonstrated writing skills for a variety of audiences
- Clean energy knowledge and experience is a plus
- Submit a letter of interest, a resume or C.V., three professional writing samples of no more than 10 pages, a portfolio PDF or portfolio link showing several examples of social media campaigns and/or video production.
- Please include three professional references as part of your application.
- To apply, please upload/submit all items mentioned above with your online application to: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/14396/
About the IPA
The IPA is an independent state agency established under Illinois law in 2007. It is charged with preparing annual electricity procurement plans and managing power purchases for residential and small commercial customers of Illinois electric utilities.
The IPA is also responsible for the implementation of the Illinois Renewable Portfolio Standard (“RPS”), a state policy designed to increase the development of renewables in Illinois. Additionally, the IPA is also responsible for the development and implementation of a Carbon Mitigation Credit Procurement Plan and Zero Emission Standard Procurement Plan used to support at-risk nuclear plants.
For more information on the Illinois Power Agency, please see: www.illinois.gov/ipa
The Agency currently operates in a remote business environment due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
The Illinois Power Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit illinois.jobs2web.com.