Website State of Illinois - Illinois Power Agency
The Illinois Power Agency is seeking a Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Data Analyst responsible for the coordination and analysis of metrics related to the equity accountability provisions of the Climate and Equitable Jobs Act. The DEI Data Analyst will monitor and study data on renewable energy project workforces collected by the Agency to inform the implementation of program practices, develop insights, and advance methodologies to apply to the Agency’s renewable energy programs.
This position will have a specialized focus on advancing access to the clean energy economy for communities and residents who have been excluded from economic opportunities within the clean energy sector. The ideal candidate will combine a passion for data analysis with a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Manage, organize, track, design and produce metrics reports
- Organize geographic and demographic data to report energy industry analysis and trends
- Implement knowledge of program data, data flow, and process improvement
- Translate technical concepts into business language that can be easily understood by key stakeholders
- Produce compliance reports on the Equity Accountability System related to companies participating in Agency programs and procurements
- Coordinate with Agency third-party Program Administrators to analyze equity accountability and DEI initiatives
- Create detailed analyses of equity metric program compliance with equity provisions of the Climate and Equitable Jobs Act
- Support the data management and analysis of the Energy Workforce Equity Database which helps connect equity eligible individuals with clean energy companies and provides key compliance reporting metrics
- Coordinate alignment of data and key performance indicators
- Performs other duties as required or assigned The Illinois Power Agency has created an exciting new position to help foster the growth of diversity in the expanding clean energy economy of Illinois. The right candidate will oversee the implementation of anticipated new requirements and opportunities for the Agency’s renewable energy procurements and programs while also helping the Agency improve its internal commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Public Administration or equivalent in a related field from an accredited university or college.
- Three or more years professional experience supporting program data management
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills to interact proficiently with all levels of management and staff
- Highly engaged self-starter with the ability to balance achieving results and fostering collaboration
- Expertise with tools/platforms such as: Visio, MS Office, Tableau, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and databases (e.g., Access or SQL)
- Demonstrated experience with planning and orchestrating process improvement
- Strong understanding of databases and data structure
- Keen attention to detail, commitment to deadlines, and understanding of program data challenges
This is a merit compensation position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter that describes your interest in and qualifications for the position, resume, and three professional references along with your online application to https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/20438/
Applications without a cover letter describing the applicant’s relevant experience and why the applicant would be a strong candidate for this position will not be reviewed for consideration.
No phone calls please.
The Illinois Power Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Data Analyst is prohibited from: (i) owning, directly or indirectly, 5% or more of the voting capital stock of an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (ii) being in any chain of successive ownership of 5% or more of the voting capital stock of any electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (iii) receiving any form of compensation, fee, payment, or other consideration from an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier, including legal fees, consulting fees, bonuses, or other sums. These limitations do not apply to any compensation received pursuant to a defined benefit plan or other form of deferred compensation, provided that the individual has otherwise severed all ties to the utility, power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier.
To apply for this job please visit illinois.jobs2web.com.