Website State of Illinois - Illinois Power Agency
The Illinois Power Agency is seeking an Information Technology (“IT”) Coordinator. Please see the attached job description for more information on the duties of the position and the qualifications required.
The Illinois Power Agency is an independent State Agency created in 2007 to develop electricity and renewable resources procurement plans to conduct procurement events to ensure adequate, reliable, affordable, efficient, and environmentally sustainable electric service for the default supply customers of Illinois electric utilities, and to implement procurements and programs to support the development of renewable energy for the state. For more information about the Illinois Power Agency, please refer to: www.illinois.gov/ipa.
Reporting to the Agency Chief Operating Officer, the IT Coordinator will coordinate all information technology, telecom, VoIP, and Internet/email matters pertaining to the Agency, including but not limited to the following:
- Maintain the Agency’s information technology infrastructure (i.e., systems, applications, computer equipment, etc.) and manage the day-to-day activities associated with Agency IT, telecom, and VoIP equipment, systems, desktop software and cloud-based applications:
- Serve as Agency liaison to the Department of Innovation & Technology (“DoIT”) on the acquisition, deployment, setup, access, utilization, and invoicing of all IT/telecom products/systems utilized by IPA staff.
- Serve as Agency liaison for system conversions (e.g., SAP) including loading data, testing, and integrations between State-administered systems and internal Agency processes and systems.
- Ensure timely identification, escalation, and resolution of issues or problems with Agency information technology assets and related data integrity.
- Consult with the Director and other members of the senior management team to identify and develop implementations for information technology applications or related initiatives or projects solutions to enhance the effectiveness of Agency operations
- Assess, monitor, and manage end user (i.e., Agency staff) service and equipment needs.
- Prepare and submit IT/telecom related Department of Central Management Services (CMS) and DoIT compliance reports as required by statute and other policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the Agency.
- Provide updates on all IT/telecom matters applicable to the Agency at bi-weekly Agency staff meetings
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer to review and update internal Agency IT/telecom related policies.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with courses in Computer Information Systems, Business, Public Administration, and basic accounting and related reporting.
Experience and Desired Qualifications:
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of related office information technology, computer systems, database management, or system conversion experience.
- State Government experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with diverse systems and applications preferred (e.g., Access or other database solutions), and general knowledge SAP and QuickBooks or other accounting software preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project, Visio, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work with a focus on accuracy, transparency, and accountability.
- Strong organizational and coordination abilities with close attention to detail.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships including Agency vendors, and employees in other State agencies, departments, and commissions.
- Knowledge of the energy/utility industry and/or interest in renewable energy desirable but not required.
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt to changing priorities, and proven ability to be resourceful, in a dynamic entrepreneurial office environment.
- Stable work history.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references along with your online application to https://career-hcm20.ns2cloud.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=8598&company=SILHCM20P1
Applications without a cover letter describing the applicant’s relevant experience and why the applicant would be a strong candidate for this position will not be reviewed for consideration.
This is a Merit Compensation Position
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
No phone calls please.
The Illinois Power Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
The IT Coordinator is prohibited from: (i) owning, directly or indirectly, 5% or more of the voting capital stock of an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (ii) being in any chain of successive ownership of 5% or more of the voting capital stock of any electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (iii) receiving any form of compensation, fee, payment, or other consideration from an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier, including legal fees, consulting fees, bonuses, or other sums. These limitations do not apply to any compensation received pursuant to a defined benefit plan or other form of deferred compensation, provided that the individual has otherwise severed all ties to the utility, power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier.
To apply for this job please visit career-hcm20.ns2cloud.com.