Website State of Illinois - Illinois Power Agency
The Illinois Power Agency is seeking a Communication Associate. The IPA Communications Associate will work under the direction of the Communications Manager to develop proactive and strategic content for the IPA’s audiences and stakeholders that align with the IPA’s vision and mission.
The IPA Communications Associate will assist Chief Strategy and Communications Officer and Communications Manager on numerous strategic initiatives that engage external and internal stakeholders. The IPA Communications Associate must be a creative storyteller that thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to easily balance multiple projects at a time while meeting tight deadlines and staying focused. The right candidate is an independent thinker and a self- starter with strong oral and written communications skills, with an ability to develop proactive and compelling communications to engage stakeholders and interested parties in ways that prioritizes IPA’s message and strategic priorities.
The Illinois Power Agency is an independent State Agency created in 2007 to develop annual electricity procurement plans and renewable resources procurement plans and to conduct procurement events to ensure adequate, reliable, affordable, efficient, and environmentally sustainable electric service for the default supply customers of Illinois electric utilities. The Agency also conducts procurements and administers programs that promote the development of renewable energy resources in accordance with the State Renewable Portfolio Standard. For more information about the Illinois Power Agency, please refer to: https://ipa.illinois.gov/
· Work with the Chief Strategy and Communications Officer, Communications Manager, and other members of Agency management to develop and implement strategies for the Agency’s social media channels.
· Write copy for day-to-day posts on the IPA LinkedIn page, sharing relevant updates and news articles, incorporating keywords and hashtags, and tagging other organizations and individuals where appropriate.
· Introduce methods to promote follower growth on YouTube, LinkedIn, and future social platforms.
· Cross-check accuracy of information to be posted with subject matter experts.
· Draft and edit campaigns for the Agency’s weekly announcement emails and other emails to various stakeholders.
· Work closely with IPA IT Generalist, IT Manager, and HR Manager in keeping the Agency’s SharePoint site up to date.
· Work with Communications Manager in developing IPA-branded promotions and resources to share via social media.
· Use Canva templates to create on-brand graphic designs and layouts for multichannel print and digital materials.
· Stay informed of current social media trends and provide recommendations for new and emerging social opportunities.
· Review and edit written materials as needed, under the direction of the Chief Strategy and Communications Officer.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, Marketing, Journalism, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 2-3 years of experience in marketing or communications.
· Highly driven and results oriented.
· Organized and detail-oriented with a strong ability to absorb and process information quickly.
· Exceptional writing skills with an emphasis on writing for the web and social media.
· Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to keep up with current trends in media and communication.
· Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently.
· Experience in public relations or social media for business preferred.
· Knowledge of clean energy or electric utilities preferred.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office 365 applications preferred.
The Communications Associate is prohibited from: (i) owning, directly or indirectly, 5% or more of the voting capital stock of an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (ii) being in any chain of successive ownership of 5% or more of the voting capital stock of any electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (iii) receiving any form of compensation, fee, payment, or other consideration from an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier, including legal fees, consulting fees, bonuses, or other sums. These limitations do not apply to any compensation received pursuant to a defined benefit plan or other form of deferred compensation, provided that the individual has otherwise severed all ties to the utility, powerproducer, powermarketer, or alternative retail electric supplier.
This is a merit compensation position. Position Salary Range: $60,000 – 70,000. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is a hybrid position and may require in-office work periodically.
position, resume, three professional writing samples of no more than 10 pages, a portfolio PDF or portfolio link showing several examples of social media campaigns and/or video productions, and three professional references along with your online application https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/29965/
Applications without a cover letter describing the applicant’s relevant experience and why the applicant would be a strong candidate for this position will not be reviewed for consideration.
No phone calls please.
The Illinois Power Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit illinois.jobs2web.com.