Website State of Illinois - Illinois Power Agency
Consumer Protection Specialist
The Consumer Protection Specialist will support the Illinois Power Agency’s (“Agency”) robust and expanding consumer protection activities for the Agency’s solar incentive programs. The position combines big-picture public policy discussions, the development of implementation strategies and processes, and hands-on activities to run the incentive programs. The Consumer Protection Specialist will work closely with the Consumer Protection Counsel, other Agency staff, and the Agency’s third-party Program Administrators on a consumer protection issues related to the Adjustable Block Program, which provides incentives for distributed generation and community solar projects, and the Illinois Solar For All Program, which offers incentives to support access to solar for low-income households, non-profit organizations, and public facilities.
Responsibilities will include:
• Support implementation of consumer protection-related Program updates and stakeholder processes outlined in the 2022 Long-Term Renewable Resources Procurement Plan (see Chapter 9 of the draft Plan)
• Help develop processes and implement review of solar companies’ marketing materials, training materials, and compliance documents
• Explore methods to actively monitor and identify trends in solar companies’ marketing and offers within the Programs, and related consumer protection issues
• Review and edit formal notices and disciplinary communications to solar companies, and assist in reviewing appeals of disciplinary actions
• Help develop customer experience surveys; review responses and identify consumer protection issues
• Review, update, and develop consumer education materials
• Assist in developing strategies to address existing and emerging consumer protection issues
• Provide general organizational support by keeping track of projects and issues, developing action items, and following up with team members
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. university or the equivalent thereof
• Experience in the energy, environmental, consumer protection, and/or public interest fields
• Motivated self-starter
• Strong writing skills and editing skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong critical thinking and analytic skills
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively within a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative environment
• At least two (2) years of experience with renewable energy programs or development, or working on consumer protection-related issues
For more information on the Illinois Power Agency, please see: https://ipa.illinois.gov/.
The Agency currently operates in a remote business environment due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is a merit compensation position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and three professional references along with your online application to https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/17981/
No phone calls please.
The Illinois Power Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
The Consumer Protection Specialist is prohibited from: (i) owning, directly or indirectly, 5% or more of the voting capital stock of an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (ii) being in any chain of successive ownership of 5% or more of the voting capital stock of any electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (iii) receiving any form of compensation, fee, payment, or other consideration from an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier, including legal fees, consulting fees, bonuses, or other sums. These limitations do not apply to any compensation received pursuant to a defined benefit plan or other form of deferred compensation, provided that the individual has otherwise severed all ties to the utility, power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier.
To apply for this job please visit illinois.jobs2web.com.