State of Illinois - Illinois Power Agency
The Illinois Power Agency is seeking an Office Administrator to be responsible for providing secretarial and clerical support to the Agency’s functions. Under direction of the Human Resource Manager, the Office Administrator will provide a variety of administrative support by coordinating and managing the day-to-day activities of the Agency related to recordkeeping and office logistics such as within the Agency.
The Illinois Power Agency is an independent State Agency created in 2007 to develop annual electricity procurement plans and renewable resources procurement plans and to conduct procurement events to ensure adequate, reliable, affordable, efficient, and environmentally sustainable electric service for the default supply customers of Illinois electric utilities. The Agency also conducts procurements and administers programs that promote the development of renewable energy resources.
For more information about the Illinois Power Agency, please refer to: https://ipa.illinois.gov/
• Greet visitors and answer main phone
• Sort and distribute incoming mail
• Respond to general inquiries from internal and external sources received via phone or email.
• Schedule online and in person meeting as needed
• Coordinate with Staff Accountant to organize and maintain IPA filing systems for payables and receivables
• Coordinate meeting agendas for routine staff meetings
• Attend general staff meetings, transcribe meeting minutes and store for reference
• Coordinate with Building Management and/or Central Management Services to reserve conference rooms for meetings and workshops and work with IT Coordinator to secure technology as needed to facilitate meeting
• Monitor and maintain office supply inventory and replenish supplies and marketing material as needed or requested
• Work with Information Technology Coordinator to arrange distribution of IT related assets
• Track, update and maintain asset inventory
• Perform Agency’s online file monthly back-up
• In accordance with Agency and State travel policies, prepares employee travel expense voucher packet, obtain receipts and signatures, submit to Accountant for processing
• Track general office policy documents and oversee renewal schedule, distribution to staff and maintain employee training certification documents
• Monitor office multifunction printers; submit service requests orders as needed
• Work with Chief Operating Officer to facility record retention and archive program
• Monitor front-end and back-end timekeeping system to ensure timely submission of leave requests, overtime requests and time reports. Make entries into timekeeping system as needed
• Performs other duties as required or assigned
• Associate degree in Business or Public Administration or equivalent in a related field from an accredited university or college.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Three or more years related to Office Administrator experience; State Government
experience strongly preferred •Proficiency with Microsoft Office 360 (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as SharePoint, etc.)
•Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software preferred
•Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff
•Highly engaged self-starter and strong organizational and time management skills
•Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships including Agency vendors, and employees in other State agencies, departments, and commissions
•Quick learner with the ability to adapt to changing priorities, and proven ability to be resourceful, in a dynamic office environment
•Knowledge of the energy/utility industry and/or interest in renewable energy desirable but not required
This is a merit compensation position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position is a hybrid position with two in-office days and three remote days.
To apply, please submit a cover letter that describes your interest in and qualifications for the position, resume, and three professional references along with your online application to https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/17983/
Applications without a cover letter describing the applicant’s relevant experience and why the applicant would be a strong candidate for this position will not be reviewed for consideration.
No phone calls please.
The Illinois Power Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
The Office Administrator is prohibited from: (i) owning, directly or indirectly, 5% or more of the voting capital stock of an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (ii) being in any chain of successive ownership of 5% or more of the voting capital stock of any electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (iii) receiving any form of compensation, fee, payment, or other consideration from an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier, including legal fees, consulting fees, bonuses, or other sums. These limitations do not apply to any compensation received pursuant to a defined benefit plan or other form of deferred compensation, provided that the individual has otherwise severed all ties to the utility, power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier.
To apply for this job please visit illinois.jobs2web.com.