Website State of Illinois - Illinois Power Agency
The Illinois Power Agency (“IPA”) Fellowship Program is a one-year paid opportunity that provides fellows with an unparalleled opportunity to contribute their skills and talents to the clean energy sector.
As the Agency tasked with implementing incentive programs to support the development of new renewable energy resources, the IPA plays a critical role in expanding Illinois’ clean energy economy and transitioning the state to a clean energy future.
At the IPA, we believe in developing a talent pipeline of the next generation of leaders – individuals who are innovative, mission-driven, and passionate about working to build an equitable clean energy future for all. Through this one-year Fellowship Program, the IPA seeks to provide opportunities to recent graduates or early-career professionals working in clean energy and/or environmental planning.
A Fellowship at the IPA will provide the opportunity to support the development of innovative solutions to advance IPA’s work in providing a clean, reliable, cost-effective, and equitable future for residents and businesses across Illinois. For example, fellows could research best practices in renewable energy financing, or explore how to reduce barriers to participation to ensure an equitable and diverse clean energy workforce and business community in Illinois.
Fellows will receive training and valuable experience to launch a career in the clean energy sector. Additionally, fellows will have the opportunity to support leaders and subject-matter experts in implementing the Illinois Renewable Portfolio Standard. This work could include:
· Producing energy-related white papers and presentations.
· Preparing reports and stakeholder correspondence.
· Conducting quantitative and/or qualitative research on focused topics to support specific IPA clean energy initiatives.
· Developing a Capstone Project on a clean energy topic of mutual interest of the Fellow and the IPA which includes a paper and final presentation to IPA staff.
The Planning and Procurement Bureau of the IPA is responsible for the planning and procurement of reliable, efficient, equitable, and cost-effective electricity for Illinois residents and businesses and the implementation of the Illinois Renewable Portfolio Standard. The Bureau’s clean energy work includes the administration of the IPA’s solar incentive programs, Illinois Shines (support for solar installations for homes and businesses as well as community solar projects) and Illinois Solar for All (support for solar projects to serve low-income households and communities), and the administration of competitive procurements to support the development of large-scale renewable energy projects. The Bureau also supports the implementation of new legislative initiatives when enacted, which can range from the development of new procurement plans to producing research reports and studies.
This position reports to the Planning and Procurement Bureau. Specific assignments will be based on Agency needs.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in public policy, economics, energy, law, and sustainability or related field within the last three years.
Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently and carry out assignments, make independent judgments and/or decisions, and discern when action at a higher level is required.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and maintain an organized and well-communicated workflow.
· Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and deadlines, and proven ability to be resourceful, in a dynamic office environment.
· Experience in energy-focused policy issues, energy efficiency, or related strategic fields with a focus on renewable energy preferred.
· A letter of intent expressing your interest in becoming an IPA Fellow. This letter must include how your relevant knowledge, experience and skills have prepared you for this opportunity, what aspects of the IPA’s work interest you the most, and how the IPA Fellowship will further your professional goals.
· Writing sample relevant to the fellowship (graduate-level papers preferred).
· Three professional references.
To apply, please submit all requested application materials with your online application to the following link on SuccessFactors Application Platform: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/34174/
Position will be open until filled. Start date is between June and September for a 1-year fellowship term.
The IPA fellowship is a one-year program with full state benefits.
Work location: This position has a hybrid work schedule that may require some in-office days at the Agency’s headquarters located in downtown Chicago.
No phone calls please.
The Illinois Power Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit illinois.jobs2web.com.