Website State of Illinois - Illinois Power Agency
The Illinois Power Agency is seeking a Program Associate. Under direction of the Agency Program Manager, the Program Associate will provide support to the Illinois Power Agency’s (“Agency”) team that manages solar incentive programs. These programs include the Illinois Solar For All Program, which offers incentives to support access to solar for low-income households, non-profit organizations, and public facilities, and the Adjustable Block Program, which provides incentives for distributed generation and community solar projects.
The Program Associate will report to and support the Illinois Solar for All Program Manager and will provide support to the Adjustable Block Program Manager on an as-needed basis. The Illinois Solar for All program promotes equitable access to Illinois’ growing solar market, and prioritizes consumer protections for participants to ensure a positive experience and meaningful energy cost savings. It is one of a handful of income-eligible solar incentive programs nationwide and this position will be contributing to the growth of an exciting new way of promoting community investment, reducing energy burdens of income-eligible households, and expanding the environmental benefits of solar generation to low-income and environmental justice communities across Illinois. A personal commitment to these goals is vital.
The Illinois Power Agency is an independent State Agency created in 2007 to develop annual electricity procurement plans and renewable resources procurement plans and to conduct procurement events to ensure adequate, reliable, affordable, efficient, and environmentally sustainable electric service for the default supply customers of Illinois electric utilities. The Agency also conducts procurements and administers programs that promote the development of renewable energy resources in accordance to the State Renewable Portfolio Standard. For more information about the Illinois Power Agency, please refer to: https://ipa.illinois.gov/
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitating and tracking projects related to the Agency’s solar incentive programs
• Developing updates to program requirements and overseeing compliance by program participants
• Interfacing with a program’s third-party Program Administrator to finalize documents, close out projects, and trouble-shoot various issues as they arise
• Interfacing with Agency subcontractors and Program stakeholders to facilitate Program implementation
• Supporting the tracking of program metrics
• Supporting other program-related tasks on an ad hoc basis
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Agency’s Director and/or other senior management members.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The ability to maintain strong attention to detail across multiple, ongoing projects
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, must be comfortable in Excel.
• A track record of meeting deadlines and successfully closing out tasks.
• The ability to work with a collaborative team, taking on new assignments as needed.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively within a dynamic environment.
• Organized and detail‐oriented with a strong ability to absorb and process information quickly.
• Excellent project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency using MS Office 365 applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook.
Additional Attributes Preferred but not Required
•Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
•Experience working in the public sector.
•Customer/client service experience.
•Fluency in Spanish to assist with the translation of Program materials.
•Experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency, or public works programs preferred.
The Program Associate is prohibited from: (i) owning, directly or indirectly, 5% or more of the voting capital stock of an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (ii) being in any chain of successive ownership of 5% or more of the voting capital stock of any electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier; (iii) receiving any form of compensation, fee, payment, or other consideration from an electric utility, independent power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier, including legal fees, consulting fees, bonuses, or other sums. These limitations do not apply to any compensation received pursuant to a defined benefit plan or other form of deferred compensation, provided that the individual has otherwise severed all ties to the utility, power producer, power marketer, or alternative retail electric supplier.
This is a merit compensation position. Position Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter that describes your interest in and qualifications for the position, a resume, and three professional references along with your online application to Shttps://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/27633/
Applications without a cover letter describing the applicant’s relevant experience and why the applicant would be a strong candidate for this position will not be reviewed for consideration.
No phone calls please.
The Illinois Power Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit illinois.jobs2web.com.